Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Pre- Departure Briefing

Why hello there!


Thank you for reading what is hopefully the first of many blogs to come!

This year I am moving to Quebec to be a Language Assistant for the British Council. I'm working in THE school in the town, teaching English to secondary school pupils.

I thought I would start this blog to keep people up to date with all the moose chasing, bear wrestling and ice hockey that I will inevitably be doing. Or, more likely, coping with the weather, doing many outdoor activities (I've already looked at where the nearest ranch is!), broadening my knowledge and reporting my experiences in this far off land that is to become my home for the year, and maybe a bit of ice hockey too ;)

I leave in 5 days and current packing done: Nil

I'm thinking that 23K really isn't that much baggage allowance but probably best to put a limit otherwise there will be a repeat of university with an entire cupboard/book case dedicated to showcasing shoes.

So many people have been incredibly kind in sending cards wishing me all the best for my travels and I thank you all heartily.

Can't wait for the adventure to begin!

A tout peeps!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I will be the first to comment here! Hopefully, it is one of the many-many posts to come.

    Wishing you all the best in your Canadian adventures, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete