Hello!
The weekend after we went to Quebec City Jen, Beth and I drove to Lac-Mégantic, which is about an hour South of St Georges.
We couldn’t have picked a worse day to go! It poured with rain! It was definitely worth it just to get out of the house and to go somewhere that we hadn’t been before.
![]() |
| Beth and me at Lac Méganitc |
Jen drove there and as we were on one of the main roads, a pick-up truck overtook us. As this truck sidled in front of us, we were presented with the backside of a recently hunted moose. I guess hunting season had started! Something that I haven’t seen yet, as I think St Georges is too “urban” is the customary moose head that people here put on their cars to display their hunting prowess. However, as I was on the bus to Ste Prosper the other day, I did see a dead deer hung up on a child’s play frame in someone’s garden. You have to put it somewhere I suppose!
We parked in the car park at Lac Mégantic but it was far too wet to walk around it. There is a cycle path around the lake, which would be nice to do on a better day. We went and found a little diner where we had free refill coffee. We sat at the counter in true Diner style! We were so close to the American boarder that we got back in the car and headed there. We found the boarder and a little shop there that had a massive bear fur in the middle of the floor, with the bear’s head attached!
After leaving this weird and wonderful shop, we headed back to st Georges via a dodgy looking Motel to use their amenities. On the way to the boarder, I had seen a view point where you could look over Lac Mégantic. We climbed to the top of this wooden tower and took some pictures although they didn’t come out very well due to the rain and fog.
![]() |
| Up the wooden tower over looking Lac Mégantic |
![]() |
| The Lac (Photo courtesy of my blographer, Jen Simpson!) |
More to come guys!
xx



No comments:
Post a Comment